This place in “Freetown Christiana” looks like it would fit in Venice Beach, even though it is made out of stuff that can be found in the local dump – and there could have been a pun hiding in there if weren’t for the fact that stuff from the dump is probably not free. I put it here because it reinforces a few ideas about art/architecture as follows:
- There is a style to it.
- It is not restricted by economic boundaries.
- It may be influenced by them though, i.e. the first Modern Architecture, was probably built by the rich.
- It follows function, as both of these places appear to be after the view.
- If there is a difference between art and architecture, then the image on the top is art and the one on the bottom is architecture.
- The house on the top wins the prize for sustainability.
- The world is the best museum there is.
- It can be a whole lot of fun and improve your life, no matter who or where you are.